If you have made the decision to quit smoking weed, let me be the first to say, congratulations! This could be the single most beneficial decision of your life.
Marijuana has halted many people from achieving their dreams, and I am sure you already know that the biggest negative side effect is lack of motivation. So be prepared to have many more ideas and also posses’ new found courage to take on your dreams and achieve much more in life.
Although quitting weed is a positive life-changing decision, there are still many obstacles in your path that may sabotage your journey; these hurdles have halted many people from achieving a life free of marijuana addiction. cbd extracts germany
Here are the top 5 things you absolutely must be aware of if you wish to succeed when you quit weed:
- Short Term-memory. Marijuana smokers seriously lack short-term memory abilities, once you quit weed you will actually be more aware of your inability to recall recent events. Although your memory will return with time, expect a period of frustration in which you can’t recall things you would like to very easily. Make sure to work on it, as your brain is a muscle that simply needs exercise.
- Feeling of Something Missing. With smoking marijuana being one of your main activities up until now, you may find that you don’t feel satisfied with simple activities that were once much-loved. This is normal and to be expected.
- The Old Social Group. You may feel the need to reach out and gain a new network of people to hang around. If your old friends don’t understand you need to keep in mind that you are doing what’s best for you. Usually, you won’t need to abandon your old friends, but sometimes it’s necessary to move on.
- Other Addictions. One thing for certain, it is natural for your mind to replace an old activity (like smoking marijuana) with something similar. If you drink or smoke cigarettes, be very aware not to increase consumption, as it is a natural thing to occur if you don’t take control.
- Life Tragedies. Bad things can happen to anyone, sometimes even a terrible tragedy. This has often stopped people from achieving a new life and very often they can go back to their old ways of smoking marijuana. Know that If you can handle a tragedy without addictions, it will make you a stronger person. If you succumb to temptation, it will make you weaker.
All of the above mentioned things can and probably will happen to you, so make sure to put a plan in place for each one. It will certainly be beneficial for you to simply stop and think about what could happen in the future when you decide to quit smoking weed.